1. First and foremost, be sure to follow Americans with Disabilities Act 1990/ADA (amended) accommodations and recommendations. These recommendations are important to the safety and accessibility of the visually impaired and blind individual. Be familiar with amended or updated ADA regulations.
2. Introduce yourself to your visually impaired or blind shopper. Maintain an attentive open line of communication to the specific individualized requests or concerns of your visually impaired and blind customers. The time you invest with your customer may result in suggestions that help maximize not only their shopping experience but improve the overall shopping experience for the general population. Inform visually impaired and blind customers of specific Braille labeled items in your store such as vending machines or ATM’s.
3. Many supermarkets already offer website or online shopping and delivery service. Be sure that your visually impaired and blind customers are aware of this option should they prefer this type of service. Having the ability to phone in shopping orders might be the right option for the individual who may not be connected through technology resources.
4. Inform visually impaired and blind shoppers if you currently offer weekly shopping circulars online. There are currently a variety of assistive computer technology screen readers or magnification programs available. These software programs offer auditory access, magnification, high- definition text and productivity tools allowing easy access to your weekly circular.
5. Your visually impaired or blind customer may not have access to technology. Getting to know your customer will help identify if they have a need for a large print or Braille copy of your weekly circular. Contact a Braille transcription service for professional transcription of your weekly circular into Braille format. Allow your Braille transcription service adequate time to complete Braille requests. Be sure that your visually impaired and blind customers have access to a large print or a Braille copy of your weekly sale circular prior to their visit if this is their preferred format. It is essential that your visually impaired and blind shopper have the same opportunity to preview weekly circular items so that they can adequately plan their shopping list with consideration of sales, promotions and specials prior to their store visit.
6. Smartphone applications are becoming readily available providing a wealth of information including identification of product labels, pricing and nutritional information. Discuss specific phone applications available at your store so that your visually impaired and blind shoppers can take advantage of these unique tools. Consider having a cell phone available at your store with your specific shopping applications for use by those individuals that may not have this technology available to them.
7. Take the time to provide some orientation to the shopping aisles. It may be helpful to briefly review selection of items offered on each aisle. Simple aisle orientation may be helpful to your visually impaired and blind shopper for planning of their shopping trip.
8. Offer the option of a supermarket shopping buddy. This option may be helpful especially when navigating the …
The road to becoming rich, famous and successful in modeling is not for everyone though. In the old days you had to be extra extra skinny in order to become a rich and famous model. Today however there are far more modeling avenues that entice many looks and body types.
You may have looked at a fashion magazine and have a pretty good idea of what modeling is. To get a good look into the requirements of modeling you may want to catch an episode of Americas Next Top Model. Most of the models on the tv show are high fashion models, but you may be wanting to get into another type of modeling like plus size industry. Modeling is everywhere we go and look. Only you know what kind of model you could be but be truthful with you self.
Before you jump into pursuing a modeling career you need to make sure your are doing it for the right reasons. If not you will misguide yourself and will not make it to where you want. If you think modeling is a good way to jump start your singing or acting career you best think about it again. People with this attitude rarely make it very far in modeling. All the top modeling professionals frown upon people like this everyday. To become rich, famous and successful in a modeling career you will need to have dedication and passion.
If you are male you will need to step outside of your shell to succeed. You see more female models than you do male models. Do not let this get you down by thinking you have to display big muscles. Modeling has went through many changes since the early days. Over time new genres, styles and looks have been added with even more on the way. You just might have that new style consumers are trying to find. You just never know in our ever changing world.
To be successful in a career of modeling you will need a high level of self confidence and ambition. No matter if you are female, male or what your body type is. When you enter into modeling you will have to work extra hard to be be transformed into a popular well known face. Be careful not to get ties up with an agency that does not treat or handle their clients honestly and respectfully. Every good agency will not need you to give them money. They will earn money once you land your first modeling gig.
When you find open calls make sure you go and do not talk yourself into not going no matter what you are thinking. Just do it. You see an open call is just as good as open houses where interested models are invited to be interviewed. You need to dress in clothing that will exhibit your body type and features. You will also want to pick an outfit out that is fashionable. This is your chance to …
Mustard Pie Clothing is a popular designer brand of baby and children's clothing just for girls. Founded in 2008, the Mustard Pie brand is designed by Shannon Rihm and located in Chicago, Illinois. The collections are available for girls from sizes 3 months – 12 years.
The Mustard Pie story began when Shannon was expecting her first daughter. She was laid off from work and researched various ways to make a living from home. First she started a small eBay business reselling designer clothing that she found on sale at local stores. Eventually, she stumbled across designers on Etsy and eBay who made custom boutique girls clothing for the highest bidder and was amazed. She was inspired and motivated to learn how to create such clothing it herself. She always had an interest in design, so she decided to teach herself how to sew and, thus, took her first step to creating mustard pie clothing. Around November 2007, she started taking sewing lessons, reading books, and buying fabrics to use in her design experiments. After many hours of practice and lots of trial and error, she started designing and creating one-of-a-kind boutique girls clothing. Soon, orders were coming from all over the world. Her business was booming and she made the important decision to start a real clothing label to keep up with the demand. That is when Mustard Pie Clothing was born.
When choosing the name for her new boutique girls clothing brand, Shannon remembered a funny story from when she was a child. At just five years old, she tried to replicate her mother's famous Lemon Meringue Pie for Mother's Day. She searched the cupboard and found what she could only assume was the pie's delicious yellow filling – a big jar of mustard! She filled the pie crust to the top and innocently created an odd mustard pie. This story came to mind when Shannon was starting her brand because it reflects the vivid imagination of children, just like each clothing piece Shannon creates opposing the essence of childhood.
Mustard Pie Clothing is fresh, elegant and girly. It has layers of bold prints, fancy patterns and beautiful colors for every day or special occasions. Shannon's designs are always made with children in mind. She would not create anything that her own little girl would not like to wear. For example, the clothes are soft cotton and tag-free for comfort. Each piece of clothing is carefully designed and the designer encourages her daughter to give opinions and suggestions before the clothing comes to life. A typical outfit comes with various choices so the customer can mix and match to create a look as unique as their child. The brand produces a limited number of garments, so many customers pre-order their favorite boutique girls clothing outfits in advance as the collection often sells out before it hits the store shelves. Mustard Pie releases new clothing collections a few times per year. Regular lines debut in fall and spring. Extended …