“Wedding Crashers” sequel
Vince Vaughn has confirmed a “Wedding Crashers” sequel is in the works with original co-star Owen Wilson. “Owen and I and the director of ‘Crashers’ (David Dobkin) have been talking for the first time seriously [about] a sequel to that movie,” the actor told ET Wednesday. “So there has been an idea that is pretty good. So we are talking about that in the early stages.” Vaughn, who filmed “The Binge” in Syracuse last year, and Wilson starred in the 2005 comedy film along with Rachel McAdams, Isla Fisher, Christopher Walken, Bradley Cooper, Will Ferrell, Jane Seymour and Rebecca DeMornay. “They were fun movies to make,” Vaughn said, also reminiscing about “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” and “Zoolander.” “It’s always fun to make people laugh and go to work with people that are funny.”
‘Back to the Future’ actress dies
Deadline reports Elsa Raven, a character actress best known as the “Save the clock tower!” lady in “Back to the Future,” is dead at age 91. Raven, whose real name was Elsa Rabinowitz, died Tuesday at her home in Los Angeles, according to her agent David Shaul. Her credits also include the realtor in “The Amityville Horror,” John Malkovich’s landlady in “In the Line of Fire,” and a memorable appearance in “Titanic” as half of the elderly couple holding each other in a bed as water floods in (featured in Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” music video). She also appeared on “General Hospital,” “Amen,” “Wiseguy,” “Days of Our Lives,” “3rd Rock From the Sun” and as the mom from the Mom & Pop store episode of “Seinfeld.” Survivors include 15 nieces and nephews.
- Bernie Sanders, more politicians read ‘Mean Tweets’ on Kimmel (ET)
- ‘LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special’ trailer adds Baby Yoda (CB)
- Foo Fighters returning to ‘SNL’ to celebrate 25th anniversary (RS)
- Most-watched streaming movies of 2020: ‘Hamilton,’ ‘Borat 2’ (SF)
- ‘The Masked Singer’ unmasks Squiggly Monster (E!)
- Lana Del Rey promises an album of standards before Christmas (BB)
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to launch new podcast with induction speeches (RS)
- Andrew Lincoln to star in livestreamed production of ‘A Christmas Carol’ (SF)
- Lamar Odom, Sabrina Parr break up 1 year after engagement (E!)
- Alec Baldwin interview show moving to iHeartRadio (BB)
Buzz is a daily roundup of entertainment news about movies, TV, music and celebrities.