Denim brand Wrangler has collaborated with the Adult Swim series “Rick and Morty” on a collection of custom clothing that includes a laser-etched jacket.
“With art never seen anywhere else in the multiverse, this collaboration includes a custom-designed laser etched jacket and an exclusive, episode-inspired T-shirt featuring the incomparable NX-5 Planet Remover.
The Wrangler x Rick and Morty Collection will be exclusive to Wrangler.com and goes live today in anticipation of the excitement around the upcoming virtual Adult Swim Festival, streaming this Friday and Saturday on Adult Swim’s YouTube channel,” Wrangler said in a press release.
Tricia Melton, chief marketing officer of Warner Bros. Kids, Young Adults and Classics, said, “Our fans often wear clothes and they love Rick and Morty, so they’re going to lose their minds over the new custom clothing launching today.”
The Season 4 finale brought Wrangler into the spotlight after a NX-5 laser destroyed everything but Wrangler jeans, Wrangler said.
“Wrangler has always embraced pop culture as a way to reach new fans, and when we were organically part of the season 4 finale episode, it was the perfect opportunity for us to explore a larger partnership with Adult Swim,” said Holly Wheeler, vice president of global brand marketing at Wrangler.
“The collection is a direct play on the finale and inspired by the laser that was fictionally ‘sponsored by Wrangler’ in the show. We loved the tongue-in-cheek joke since lasers are actually a big part of our denim production – from digital wash applications to onsite customer customization with our nano-laser.
The collaboration was a fun and natural way for us to do something authentic with our brand that joins in on the joke.”
- The 100% cotton denim jacket comes in sizes from small to XXL. Price is $79. – “Got the Galactic Federation on your mind? Luckily, you’ve stumbled upon the only armor you’ll need against the NX-5 Planet Remover. This Wrangler x Rick and Morty jacket comes fully equipped with a custom, laser-etched design–proof that it cannot be destroyed by a laser.”
- The T-shirt is black, has short sleeves and also 100% cotton. Sizes range from small to XXL. Price is $29.
- Men’s Wrangler jeans. “Disclaimer: Wrangler jeans are indestructible against the NX-5 Planet Remover but have not been tested against vats of acid, portal guns, cloning machines, or shrink rays.”
- AMC Theatres launch private rentals for as low as $99.
- Little Buffalo State Park cancels annual Christmas Trail because of COVID-19.